- Homework will be sent for all age groups on the same day of the week throughout school. Friday – to be returned to school on Tuesday (allowing families to choose whether their child completes their homework on a week night or weekend).
- A spelling list will be sent home each week on Friday. Please ensure the spellings are learnt as they are tested the following Friday.
- Multiplication tables need to be practised for a weekly test (initially Y3 – Y6, but Year 2 will begin learning multiplication tables during the course of the year) The day of the test will be advised by the class teacher.
- Research for topic work will be sent as appropriate each half term prior to learning their new unit of work.
- If homework is not returned on a Tuesday it will not be marked as the teachers have allocated Tuesday as marking time and Wednesday to prepare the next task.
X1 Mathematics Worksheet
X1 Times tables & Division Worksheet (rapid recall practise)
X1 Weekly Spelling List (linked to national curriculum year group specific)
X1 Reading Book (linked to the child’s assessed reading level, changed regularly)