Here at SEC we follow the British Curriculum. In 2022, we recently extended to offer a Lower Secondary option for our Key Stage 3 pupils starting with a Lower Secondary Year 7 programme. By 2023 school year, we extended to offer Year 7 & Year 8 and if our school continues to grow year after year, our plan is to naturally offer the consecutive year groups of Key Stage 3 (Year 9) and Key Stage 4 (Year 10 & 11).
South East Coast International Secondary School uses the British National Curriculum. This curriculum is the national curriculum used in the United Kingdom and is the most widely used curriculum worldwide. Our Lower Secondary education programme is designed to be engaging and fun as well as academically rigorous. The courses offer an excellent level of challenge for the children and the course materials are differentiated to suit the individual needs of your child in order to help them develop their own potential. We offer a unique, modern combination of in-school traditional tuition blended with an online schooling system, taught and conveyed on our premises by international teachers. The children get to remain in their usual environment and school community and continue to have the social interactions and daily routine of a usual school day, whist some of their learning materials are accessed online.
The subjects taught across Lower Secondary are:
- English (Literature & Language)
- Science (Biology, Chemistry & Physics)
- Art & Design
- Computer Science
Each course takes on average 9 months to complete (the typical academic year). The Lower Secondary courses will fully prepare your child to move on to Key Stage 4, IGCSE year. Throughout the year, children will complete regular assignments for each subject to assess their level of understanding – these grades will be shared with the children and parents.
- SEC offers Year 7 & Year 8 ONLY 2023-2024 (11-13 year olds) we plan to extend year by year.
- A student enrolling onto the Lower Secondary programme is expected to be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Regular assignments and coursework are submitted to assess children’s understanding after each module.
- Regular in class on the spot assessments and class materials will be used to help the children access the curriculum.
- Entrance assessment can be taken to see if your child is ready to access the curriculum level.
- English as an Additional Language subject can be chosen instead of English if your child does not have the required level of English language needed to access the main English course (at an additonal cost).
- SEC school fees are for Lower Secondary ONLY (Year 7 and 8) and include the curriculum materials, school fees, registration fee, classroom tuition.
- An upfront payment is required in order to enrol your child on to our Lower Secondary courses please read the fee policy carefully.
- Providing we continue to extend year after year, children can remain at SEC for their whole Secondary education, from Year 7 through to Year 13 (IGCSE and A-Level years) and move on to University from here.
- After school clubs will still be available for Secondary pupils based on interests and demand.