South East Coast International School uses primarily the English National Curriculum. This curriculum is the national curriculum used in the United Kingdom and is the most widely used curriculum worldwide. We combine the English National curriculum with methods from international curriculums such as the International Baccalaureate (IB-which is the third most commonly used curriculum worldwide) and project-based teaching.
- To offer high quality teaching and learning experience that allows our pupils both Tanzanian, Zanzibari and international) to achieve social, emotional, physical and academic success.
- To support the local community by offering this model of education to Zanzibari and Tanzanian children.
- To offer individualized, creative and innovative teaching that meets the specific needs of our culturally diverse pupils.
- To equip pupils with a solid academic base and promote versatility allowing them to adapt to any education systems after SEC.
- To ensure that all students, regardless of their starting point, will think critically, reach their potential and develop the confidence and wisdom to make good choices and address problems.
- To promote tolerance, empathy and social IQ in our pupils, who having understanding of the diversity of people and cultures, will act with empathy, kindness, fairness and responsibility.
- To promote a love of education for all learners who will take pride in their achievements finding joy in learning and strive for constant self-improvement.
- To have high expectations for all within our community to ensure that we demonstrate the very best standards of conduct and ethics, responsibility, self-discipline and integrity instilling these values in our pupils.
- To promote creative ways of learning and ensure that pupils are connected to nature and beauty, to their inner-selves, and to other in their local and global communities.